Gregory H. Booth
Day in and day out Greg dedicates his time to representing injured workers throughout the State of Illinois. Much of that time is spent helping our country’s civil servants with their workers’ compensation claims after having been injured or killed in the line of duty. Over his decade of experience in the field, Greg has awarded tens of millions in disability benefits and settlements to his clients. He seeks to bring justice to those he represents for the injuries they have sustained and financial relief to them and their loved ones.
“I have had the pleasure of working with so many hardworking people who have suffered unfortunate injuries while working. I take great pride in being able to help them and their families. Especially those first responders who were injured protecting our loved ones and our communities.”
Gregory H. Booth began his legal career practicing as a personal injury and workers’ compensation attorney in Chicago, Illinois. He then returned to his hometown of Aurora, Illinois where he opened his own firm. He is now one of the founding partners at Theriault Booth, LLC in St. Charles, Illinois.
Greg is licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois. He is a member of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA), the Illinois State Bar Association, the ISBA Workers’ Compensation Section Council, the Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group (WILG), the Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association, and the Kane County Bar Association. He is the Chair of the KCBA Workers’ Compensation Committee (2021-2023). Mr. Booth has been selected as a Rising Star by Illinois Super Lawyers (2018-2023) and an Emerging Lawyer by Leading Lawyers (2018-2022), an honor given to only 2.5% of all attorneys practicing in Illinois. He has also been selected to the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40 (2019).
Mr. Booth received his law degree from The University of Dayton School of Law. While in law school, Greg was a member of the Moot Court Team and a teaching assistant for Appellate Practice and Procedure. Greg received an undergraduate degree in business administration from Marquette University.
Mr. Booth was born in Aurora, Illinois and is a lifelong resident of the Fox Valley. He attended grade school at Holy Angels in Aurora and high school at Marmion Academy, where he now serves on the Marmion Alumni Association Board of Directors. Greg is also a homebrewer and BJCP-certified beer judge, and he has won multiple awards at competitions throughout the country. Greg speaks Spanish and resides in Aurora with his wife and daughter.
Mr. Booth was born in Aurora, Illinois and is a lifelong resident of the Fox Valley. He attended grade school at Holy Angels in Aurora and high school at Marmion Academy, where he now serves on the Marmion Alumni Association Board of Directors. Greg is also a homebrewer and BJCP certified beer judge, and he has won multiple awards at competitions throughout the country. Greg resides in Aurora with his wife and daughter.
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. – Benjamin Franklin. “I have been fortunate in my career to have been surrounded by many great attorneys and mentors. One mentor taught me that it is impossible to over-prepare for a case that is going to hearing or trial. It is important to know your client, know the facts, and know the law. But most importantly, you need to outwork your opponent.”
Notable Cases and Results:
- $1,065,000 record-breaking worker’s compensation settlement for client attacked while working in preparation for the 2014 Winter Olympics
- $580,000 arbitration award for a wage differential for an IDOT worker
- $400,000 Settlement for a client who sustained a low back injury with permanent restrictions.
- $395,000 personal injury settlement for a client who was injured when a garage door was closed on his head at a car dealership resulting in fusion surgery.
- $355,000 total settlement for a laborer injured by a collapsed wall with permanent restrictions.
- $325,000 personal injury settlement for a client injured by an ambulance that ran a red light in a non-emergency transport.
- $245,000 settlement for a delivery driver who sustained a wrist fracture preventing him from returning to his job.
- $225,000 settlement for a laborer with a back injury and permanent restrictions.
- $200,000+ total settlement for a disabled police officer whose disability was denied by the employer. Awarded a line of duty disability pension and loss of trade settlement in workers’ compensation claim.
- $200,000 personal injury settlement for Slip and Fall accident at a restaurant resulting in hip surgery.
- $194,000 total settlement for a woman who required two-level lumbar fusion surgery, resulting in permanent restrictions.
- $180,000 trial award confirmed at the Commission for a loss of trade for a firefighter permanently disabled from a line of duty accident.
- $178,000 and $175,000 loss of trade settlements for two police officers injured in the line of duty. Mr. Booth also won two disability pension hearings in one day for these local police officers.
- $160,000 settlement for a police officer who was injured in an automobile accident while on duty.
- A crucial line of duty pension was awarded to a firefighter with cancer
State of Illinois
The University of Dayton School of Law, J.D.
Marquette University, B.A.
BAR/PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION INVOLVEMENT:
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers’ Association
- Kane County Bar Association
- 2021 Author of the Workers’ Compensation chapter in the IICLE publication for Causes of Action- Employment Actions
- 2021-2023 Chairman of the Workers’ Compensation Committee for the Kane County Bar Association.
- 2021 Author of Article for the ISBA Workers’ Compensation Newsletter
- 2022 Author of Article for the ISBA Workers’ Compensation Newsletter
AWARDS; HONORS; DISTINCTIONS:
- Super Lawyers “Illinois Rising Star” (2018-Present)
- Leading Lawyers “Illinois Emerging Lawyer” (2018-Present)
- Personal Injury Law: General
- Workers’ Compensation Law
- National Trial Lawyers “Top 40 Under 40” (2019)
- American Institute of Legal Counsel “10 Best for Client Satisfaction in Workers’ Compensation”
- Work Injury Law Group – Nation’s Top Injured Workers’ Attorneys (2020-2021)
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association – Workers’ Compensation Seminar: Considerations Involving Representation of Police Officers and Firefighters (2019)
- Kane County Bar Association – Workers’ Compensation Seminar: Case Law update (2017)
- Kane County Bar Association – Workers’ Compensation Seminar: Case Law update (2016)